June 15, 2009

Apple & Sultana Muffins

Had 4 small pink lady apples in my fridge for some time. I was meant to make apple pie for my folks when they visited but did not get around to it. I find pink lady apples a tad sour for my liking when I eat it fresh. So then, I thought I will search for recipes that uses pink lady apples and found this :)

Best served warm, this muffin is moist, soft inside and a bit crunchy on the outside. I love the apple and cinnamon taste :)

The original recipe calls for raisins but I substituted it with sultanas since I have them in my pantry. Instead of vegetable oil, I used extra virgin olive oil. I also added about 1/4 cup less of the flour and replaced it with 1/4 cup of unprocessed bran (this gives it additional fibre). I have also used about 80ml less milk (I tend to add less milk than required and add more to achieve the consistency I want, if necessary).

I like fruits or nuts in my cakes. This makes it a bit more interesting instead of the plain cake base/texture. Hmm... I am reminded of the blueberry/walnut muffins that I made ages ago!

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...