June 15, 2009

Italian Chicken Casserole


Reality TV show Masterchef Australia has been hubby's and my common favourite TV show that we watched almost everyday (for the past 6 weeks or so). Although it is a competition, We as viewers get to learn a lot from their cooking successes and failures, especially during their masterclass on Fridays....

I frequent their website to look out for recipes that I can download. Last Friday, I decided to try one of their stock recipes - italian chicken casserole. It is not difficult to cook, except that I did not have a casserole pot that I could use on the stove top and then into the oven for further cooking. To improvise, I heated up a big enough Pyrex baking dish in the oven and when it was time to put the food in the oven, I emptied my pot into the baking dish and continued cooking. All I needed was rice to go with it! We were quite happy with the result... and with leftovers enough for our dinner the next day :)

The recipe can be found here: italian chicken casserole.

1 other thoughts:

Nicole said...

Hi there, another Aussie here and Christian :) I am planning on making this next week, saw it on Masterchef too. Glad to hear you enjoyed it, I might make a few changes, add a few more vegies. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...