October 13, 2009

Smoked Salmon Mini Quiche

Photo compliments from my SIL's DSLR

S made this and I thought I will try since it is an easy receipe off the Coles Spring magazine. An occasion arises that I made this for our family gathering last weekend and everyone (including my 2.5 yo niece) likes it!
You may download the Coles Spring 2009 Magazine if you like.

Ingredients
100g smoked salmon, chopped
3 frozen puff pastry sheets
5 eggs
250ml cream (I used extra light thickened cream)
2tbsp spreadable cream cheese
A handful of chopped chives
A handful of chopped dill (I left this out as I didn't have it)
Black pepper

Using a 7cm diameter round cutters, cut out puff pastry and line the lightly greased mini muffin trays. Press the rounds down gently and firmly.

Distribute salmon, chives, dill and cream cheese among the pastry shells. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and cream together. Season with black pepper. Pour the mixture into the pastry shells. Bake them at 180C for 15-20 mins until puffed and golden brown (they will sink on cooling). Lift quiches from tray and cool on a wire rack.

I have forgotten to add the cream cheese but it turned out good nevertheless. I made 58 mini quiches with this receipe. You may tweak the proportions to make the number you want to.

You may make the quiches up to 1 month in advance in an airtight container. Reheat from frozen on oven tray for about 15 mins. There are also options to add other meats and herbs in the quiche, e.g. bacon and chives, etc.

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...