June 21, 2006

Joy of Serving

Look at the joyful faces :) This photo was published in last weekend's bulletin and I thought this was a nicer version of the one which I had posted some months ago. Our overseas members J, C and M are missing in the photo. Looking at the these people whom I served with for church camp, my heart is filled with thanksgiving for this bunch of servant-hearted brothers and sisters in Christ who had displayed the love of Christ through their tireless giving of time and effort just to serve God's people.

Amongst these, 3 of us have been in the committee for at least 5 years. For most others, it is either their 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of service. Having worked with various people for the past 5 years, I think this is one of the best team of servants that I've worked with - humble, cheerful, servant-hearted, other-people-centred, kind, gentle, generous, forgiving, accommodating, tolerant... all because they love God's people. Although we have had our fair share of dealing with difficult, sinful people (yes they do exist in church!), thank God for helping us to deal with His love and loving them even when they are difficult.

John 13:34-35 says "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another"

Personally it is a joy to be able to serve in the camp committee. Besides 'enjoying' the benefits of being in camp committee and some 'power' (cos I determine whom you room with ;P), it is seeing people being ministered by the little things that you do that brings cheer to my heart, even if it were small little things... sometimes small things can create a big impact to them. And when they are satisfied and grateful, the greatest return is the joy that you can bring to them. The ability to be able to do that... all glory goes to God! :)

So... does anyone wants to have this privilege of joyfully serving and being able to minister to God's people in this way? (Read: join the camp committee :P)

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...