December 17, 2005

Motherhood

Motherhood is a special state and a marvellous feeling. Nope I am not a mother (as yet). Recently one of my friends had given birth to a baby girl. I was very encouraged and happy to see J's growth and changes - from a strong and perfectionistic woman, to a more humble, godly woman, from a state where she could not see herself being a mother, to a mother now. I am very glad and encouraged to see her growing to love her daughter and being accustomed to the motherhood lifestyle and realising the joy of being a mother. Thank God for changing J and I myself have been very ministered by her in many ways.

There has been many newborns around me amongst my peers and some others are pregnant. There was even once I went shopping with 2 preggers. It was interesting to learn which stretch mark cream is better and cost-effective, how the babies are growing in their different trimesters, the various encounters in their pregnancy stages. My mum used to do baby-sitting when I was younger. As a primary school kid then, I learn how to fold diapers, burp babies, feed babies, rock them to sleep on the sarong sling, etc. Today, I even learn a new tip on how to rid milk rash on baby's face!! Its amazing to see how babies have their own temprement and character even though they are a couple of months old.

It is amazing to see the role of mothers that God had made women to be. First, pregnant woman have to go through that 9 to 10 months of nurturing the baby in her womb. Next go through the tremendous pain in the delivery of the child. And that's not the end! The committment and love to care for the baby and take good stewardship of the baby given by God. I guess I cannot fully understand nor detail much of motherhood (since I'm not one myself). Yes I do look forward to that day where I will be a mother. I trust God will give me the ability to love and care for the kid.

Following my previous entry about Babies, I recently learnt that one of my friends had given birth to a baby who is not healthy and growing well (shall not elaborate much). It is painful for the parents yet it was good that they now managed to come to terms with it and realise it for themselves that our God is sovereign and we must continue to trust in Him and His good and perfect will. Don't we have to do that in whatever circumstances of our lives we live??

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...