October 17, 2005

Technology - Aids Us or Cripples Us?

Rarely forget to bring my Tungsten T5 out of the house with me. All the more I rarely forget to bring it along with me to the office. But today, I actually left my T5 in my living room and I was crippled by the lack of it the whole day!

Friend asked to postpone lunch date. Scheduled meeting date has to be changed. Pastor asked if I could house-sit the Manse. Newly entered contact number in T5. Sorting and accounting for my expenses. Recounting the tasks that I have to complete.

I cannot sort out and confirm all of the above today. The only good thing is that I managed to remember that I was supposed to go buy and collect gifts for my doctors today. Without my T5, life is not the same. Thankfully it was only for a day.

Back at home, T5's energy ran out after I tried to rearrange my schedules, etc. I only used it for a short while!! Well pray that my data in it will not be lost. Now's the time to test if it is true that the data in T5 will not be lost even when the battery runs out.

Can I live a simplier life without technology? Very tough....

5 other thoughts:

The Rust said...

If I were a terrorist, I'll start working on some super frier that can fry a mile's worth of electronic devices at a press of a button. I'll cripple the world!

island said...

Marxx: Hmm will surely check out the new O2 Mini but somehow I still prefer a 2-pc thingy. In case one dies out, I still have the other...

Rust: Thankfully you are not a terrorist :P

quop said...

such a device already exists, though i'm not sure of the range of any production units. it's called an EMP aka electromagnetic pulse :) as seen in action on shows like 24, ocean's 11, and the matrix trilogy.

not sure what you meant by preferring a 2-pc setup -- with a PDA running windows mobile synching with outlook on a PC/laptop, if one dies the info is still available on the other. that's no more risk/damage compared to using palm...? i went from a psion (poor synching with windows) to pocket pc a year ago, and will never look back (as long as windows dominates anyway!)

island said...

2-pc setup = handphone and pda separately.

O2 is a handphone and pda in one.

Still prefer Palm OS although I'm a Windows PC user ;)

quop said...

ahhh... soo desu ne! hehe totally missed ur point abt the 2-pc, but yeah tho i like pocket pc i'm still wary of the reliability of anything windows. at least with my trusty nokia i know it turns on and it works... still going strong after it went for a swim a few years back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...