October 21, 2005

Flowers & Women

"Hi, if you are not busy now, you can go to your Cust Service to collect something. I'll see you later after my appointment with Dr xxx!"

Someone from my DG sent me that sms this morning. Although I was busy, the sms came at a time where I could go pick up the 'something'. To my pleasant surprise, it was a table arrangement of flowers!

It was from a couple from my DG :) She had wanted to choose gerbera at the flower shop but she was advised that sunflower is more cheery. Although sunflower is not my favourite flower, I must admit that it is one which brings cheer and you can't help but smile when you see it :)

I was very moved by the surprise. Its not so much about the pretty flowers. Its the gesture behind the gift. Just 2 days ago, I had just sms her to ask how she was. Casually I also mentioned to her in a few words that I was fighting a political war at work. She had encouraged me in her words via sms at that time. Today's gesture of the flowers was to cheer me up. She reminded me that life only gets better with Jesus on our side.

I'm moved because I was very encouraged. I did not really think that I will receive such warm encouragement from her. I guess I always think of encouraging others, that I forgot how to 'enjoy' encouragement from people. I thank God because He not only love me through Jesus Christ, but He also love me through His people.

The past week has been a tiring one at work. I was tired not because of work load. In short, things happened and I think I have been made target of bully and politics. A saga occurred and probably hasn't ended as yet. In the midst, I see true colours of some people... and surely will see more in due time. I want to get out of it, but I'm not sure if I can. I only can pray that God gives me the wisdom to know what's right and wrong, who is for me and against me, who is real and who is not, who to be trusted and who not to be trusted. I pray God will continue to protect me from those who are trying to harm me. I pray God will provide the ability to just concentrate on my work and therein my testimony will speak for itself. I pray for me to love my enemies. I pray that I will be able to forgive and pray for the salvation of those who tries to harm me.

Flowers have indeed put a smile on my face. Support from friends have indeed encouraged me to press on. Most of all, I know that I can lean on Jesus in all circumstances. It is when I am weak that I can see He is strong.

1 other thoughts:

The Rust said...

not fair. guys never get flowers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...