October 12, 2005

Finally Decided....

I made a brave decision this morning.

2-3 weeks ago I was approached by one of my ex-colleague/friend to join her in her current organisation. It was a very tempting offer. The job scope was totally different from what I am doing now. But my friend thought me well enough to join her and work with her. The offer was tempting because it will allow me to learn new things, exposed to a larger organisation, learning from a supervisor I'm comfortable with, higher salary and good career prospects for me to grow in the same industry. I am still young... young enough to venture into other things and to learn and adapt to changes and challenges.

After careful thinking through, seeking God and talking to people, I finally decided that I will not leave my current job. In order not to waste people's time and my time, and the ordeal of going through interview and scrutiny, I rang them up this morning and declined the interview which was supposed to take place this afternoon.

It was not an easy time to decide on this. I am rather comfortable in my job now, yet I do sometimes think of looking for something new and exciting. (Isn't this always the case?) After all, I have been in this organisation for 4.5 years and I am still young. This was a good opportunity as I would be learning from someone I am comfortable with and not a totally new person whom I have to get to know.

I didn't realise I could be quite sentimental. One of the big factor which stop me from leaving, is the good relationships I have with my doctors and colleagues and boss. Of course there are some unpleasant working relationships but by and large, I'm blessed to have the favour of those who would 'take care' of me and whom I can relate well with. Although the new job would give me more money for my bread, but I am not after that. Although my current job scope can be pretty mundane and routined, but I am fully aware that this job suits me and my personality. I am thankful to God for His providence of this present job.

A challenge that I shall put forth to myself - my Christian testimony and how I conduct myself at work. It is not what I do, what job I am in, but how I do and my attitude towards work. I admit my testimony is not perfect. I guess all the more I place this as a challenge for myself, how I can be a Light for Christ, how I can be different because I am saved by God's grace. It is NOT easy to live out a Christ-centred life at work. It is NOT easy to live out a Christ-centred life on earth. I am reminded to depend on Christ every single day, to seek wisdom and grace to obey Him and live a life pleasing to Him. Isn't this the case for all believers in Christ too?

Thank you for those whom I have spoken to and have pray for me in this aspect. Thank God for you :)

3 other thoughts:

Anonymous said...

it's a brave and faithful decision you made. not because you chose the current one, or you chose the new one, but the attitude you have, and the thought process you have gone through about what is suitable for you and where is the place that can enable to serve Him better.
i am encouraged by your sharing!

The Rust said...

Yes! Glad you have made a decision. I wish I could decide on my own fate soon.

island said...

thank god for providing wisdom. was at peace when making that final decision. am thankful for affirmation from people after, that it was a good decision not to move. so thank god :)

i guess i just needed to really just trust god, seek for His wisdom and go through the process of evaluation. wasn't easy becos either choices i make will not affect my christian walk. it was a matter of my life goal n knowing what i don't want to do with my life....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...