August 7, 2005

Save Me!!

It's friendship weekend. Church services are held at Singapore Bible College. Thank God for service to go on smooth. Sermon by John Ting was very personal. Even for a believer like me, I was reminded of the insight of a non-believer, the insecurities they have and the perspectives that they come from.

I guess I've been a believer for so long that I sometimes forget how a non-believer would have felt and the world view that they have. In my heart, I always knew that there is a God, a true God. I'm privileged and thankful that He chose to let me know Him at a young age of 11 years from the Sunday School that I went to. If not that I come from a Mandarin-speaking family, my mum would not have thought of sending me to Sunday School to 'learn English'. In the end, I learn about the person Jesus Christ. Lord, help me be more conscientious to bear a good testimony at home and to seize every opportunity to share the gospel with my family...

Hwee Yen sang a song from her cd album. I think many people can identify with the song. Reminded me that I really cannot do anything to save myself except through the saving grace of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Save Me
I live a plain and boring life
I work all day and I spend my nights
With friends and conversation
Or me, myself and the television

I try my darnest to be nice
Don't eat meat, won't harm a fly
And early Sunday mornings
I make my way to church

I used to think if I just would
Try real hard, then I could get to heaven

So this is all there is to life
Just killing time between hi and bye
A somewhat empty pattern
We follow till we die
Can we fly to heaven with our science
Our rockets are trapped in the universe
Can all our revolutions ever bring us peace

Save me from my quest for a deeper meaning
Save me from that certain unknown after I'm dead and I'm gone
Save me from hurting the ones I love
How can I be good enough for heaven
When I cannot even save myself from me

If God made this world would He just stand and watch it die in the hands of man
Whose true intent and inclination are shown in what we've done
We cheat we lie, our wars don't end
I think the worst of my best friends
I'm trapped by nature, bound for failure
I need a Saviour

Save me from a terrible fearful eternity
Save me from my just rewards
I've forgotten the God who gave me my heart, my soul, my strength
I'm in no position to ask for His heaven
I need God Himself to save me please

2 other thoughts:

shadow said...

Hi Eilen,
added your blog to a list of ARPC blogs. Let me know if you want out k?
Cheers.

island said...

hi shadow,
dun mind but I dunno who you are :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...