August 9, 2005

Of Cakes & Dreams

Just baked 2 cakes - banana and chocolate.

I think I remembered that I picked up the interest of baking during my stressful Uni exams. I picked up a cake recipe book at the Co-Op, browsed through the pages, and decided that I shall bake after my exams. And there I began my interest in baking and eating the cakes I bake :)

My exam-mugging mates, many VCF friends tried my cakes. During my MEET year (2000), I baked to raise money for my mission team's funds to go Macau. Was really a fun yet tiring time as I was the only one who had time to bake. For a while, my home kitchen was a baking factory...

Eversince, baking became therapeutic for me. It helps me to get my stresses off. I'm happy that people appreciate and enjoy the cakes I bake, even when they are the simple basic cakes like butter, chocolate, banana, etc... When I stop baking for a while, mummy will 'complain' and nag me to bake. There was once she even 'forced' me to bake, hours before I was due to fly off for a 2-week holiday in Australia! I would say my mum and brother are probably the greatest fan of my cakes. When they eat without a comment, I know its good. Any comments would mean "no good".

When I've the time, I shall go improve on baking breads and cookies. The last time I attempted them, the result was... strange :P

If dreams do come true, I do dream of owning a cafe where people could chill out, enjoy the cakes I bake over a cuppa of good coffee or tea. There shall be a collection of Matthias Media (and other good biblical resources) books and evangelical music, where Christians and their friends could sit down for a cuppa and gain access to good evangelical resources. Hope to have a cosy yet big enough venue to allow medium-sized evangelistic gatherings where the Good News can be shared...

Just in case you are curious by now, the 2 cakes that I've just baked are for a bunch of friends later this afternoon... (I see Naomi and Pocahontas drooling...)

1 other thoughts:

Howard said...

Allow old Geronimo to drool a little bit too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...