December 21, 2010

2 More Sleeps...

... to seeing my very good friend - R. With hubby and 2 kids, they are out on their first family holiday by themselves and flying with the kids. I am looking forward to our endless girl conversations and laughters for the entire week...

I met R almost a decade ago when her husband (then boyfriend) brought her to join us in our bible study group. After she got married, we met up to do 1-2-1 and later signed up for a gym membership together. We would meet up sometimes for gym classes, exercises, thereafter with some shopping for groceries, etc. We got closer during that time...

To me, R is a faithful friend, readily available for me when I needed a friend. She is very objective but yet personal when you go to her with your problems. She would pray for me faithfully. She encourages me when I am down. She cooks me yummy food whenever I visited her. She remembers what I like and knows my taste. She is loads of fun to be with. She has one of the strongest, determined, woman/wife/mother that I know, coupled with femininity and gentleness.

The last time R travelled to Australia was with me, when we went to Sydney for another close friend's wedding 4 years ago. I remembered it was so hard for her to leave her 7mo baby then to go overseas just for her good friend's wedding. This time, she is able to travel to Australia with both her kids (yay!).

God-willing, maybe sometime next year, R and family and 3 (or more) of our other girlfriends and their husbands and kids will be able to congregate in another part of Australia. All of us knew each other from the same bible study group then but are in 4 different countries at the moment. Thinking about this makes me so thankful for how the Lord  has kept, grew and mould us to where and what we are today :)

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...