February 9, 2010

Waiting Upon The Lord


Psalm 130

Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD!
O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my pleas for mercy!

If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
that you may be feared.

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.

O Israel, hope in the LORD!
For with the LORD there is steadfast love,
and with him is plentiful redemption.
And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

PC did this with us for devotion last week... Sometimes I cry out to the Lord like the Psalmist. Sometimes I wonder if the Lord hears me. My head tells me that He does but my heart sometimes waiver... But I rejoice and thankful that I have His Word to hope in... and the hope that He is with me and He is in total control. I may not understand why I have to wait and how long I have to wait but I trust that my good Lord knows my deepest thoughts and needs. Like how the Lord fulfilled His promises to the Israelites, so am I reminded that He is a faithful God and His love for me is steadfast and never-ending.

The Lord is good. Be joyful in all circumstances, giving thanks to our Lord. Be contented with what the Lord has given me now for this is what He reckons is good for me for now. What else can I ask for or hope for, except for spending eternity with our Father? Lord, I await for your return to bring me to a place where pain and tears are no more...

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...