October 22, 2009

His Grace...

A simple song that I learnt when I was a young Christian... singing it (especially the chorus) reminds me I am God's precious and that I am drowned by His grace everyday....

Your grace is sufficient for me
Your strength is made perfect when I am weak
All that I cling to I lay at your feet
Your grace is sufficient for me

I'm no longer striving to merit your love
I rest in Your promise to me
That all of my sins have been washed in your blood
Your mercy is all that I need

You see me as righteous because of the blood
That made the atonement for me
Your mercy has triumphed where I should be judged
So now by your grace I am free

Listen to the song here.

When I panic and become restless, I am so privileged to be able to rest in His love and His promise for me. When I feel weak and helpless, His strength is made perfect.

Paul told the Corinthians in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times, I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness". Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I find myself difficult to say that I delight in weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions and difficulties. I mean, which person in all sanity would desire that? We desire blessings and good things to happen (which is not wrong) but forgetting that weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions and difficulties are part of this fallen world. When they happen to us, sometimes we complain, we cry and may sometimes even ask "God, why is this happening to me?". If we think that it is God's will when we receive blessings, we need to remember that it is also God's will when we go through hardships. God allowed it to happen to us... for a reason which He knows best and we may know it later. Whatever the reason is... I think He desires for us to glorify Him even when we are weak. He wants us to remember that He alone is all-powerful, all-knowing and in total control. He knows what happened yesterday, what happened today and what will happen. In all of that, He is the King, He is sovereign, He reigns. Nothing that happens to us is outside His control, His knowing. It gives me great comfort to know that I am safe under His wings... makes me look forward to see His face when He returns...

Lord, please help me not to give up on You. May I be sufficient and contended to rest your amazing grace.

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...