October 20, 2009

An Encouraging Testimony

A good friend was sharing with me about this man, Nick Vujicic. She showed another of his video to her 4/5 yo daughter to encourage her to not be lazy but use her hands and feet as God has given them for her use.




God loves you and He hasn't forgotten your pain, hasn't forgotten your family. Maybe when you watch this interview, you compare my suffering and your suffering and that's not where hope is, in knowing someone else, in your opinion, is suffering more than you. But that is not where hope is. Hope is in the name of God, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Hope is when you compare your suffering with the infinite and immeasurable love and grace of God.

Isaiah 40:31 says "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will not run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

I don't need my circumstances to change. I don't need arms and legs. I need the wings of the Holy Spirit. And I am flying, because Jesus is holding me up. Don't give up on God, because God will not give up on you.

I am totally moved at God's work in Nick's life, moved by His love, His power and amazing ability to enable (whom we perceive as) a handicap to be completely whole in his soul and totally glorifying God in His life.

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...