October 17, 2009

Carrot Dip with Oven Baked Pita Chips


Suggested that we bring this to A's birthday gathering yesterday. I did not go to the gathering in the end. But hubby went along and brought this. Hubby made the dip the night before and chill it in the fridge. I baked up the pita bread to make it crispy to go with the dip...

The verdict? People liked it! I think that it was good that hubby did not bring any back because they were all consumed! (There was other food at the gathering) Well, I'd say I like this too but I still much prefer the beet root dip :p


The carrot dip recipe came from this recipe book, compliments of Kraft Philadephia when I purchased 3 Philadephia items from Coles some 3 weeks ago. It was such a bargain! For less than $10 for 3 items, I got this recipe book (RRP $35) for free. In it, there are many wow recipes that uses cream cheese. Most of them are finger food and desserts. Notice that I have tagged the book? Those are the recipes that I want to try :)

Carrot Dip
3 carrots (400g), peeled and chopped
125g spreadable light cream cheese (I did not use the Philly brand)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp milk
1 clove crushed garlic
1.5 tsp ground cumin
salt and pepper, to taste
2 large pita breads, cut to wedges (I used more than 2 pieces)
Olive oil spray
Chopped fresh chives

Boil, microwave or steam carrots until tender (I microwaved it). Process carrots in a food processor until smooth. Add both cheeses, milk, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and process until well combined. Chill in fridge.

Place pita pieces on baking tray. Spray it with oil and bake it at 200C for 5-10 mins or until golden and crisp.

Serve pita chips with dip. Garnish dip with chopped chives.

Enjoy!

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...