August 25, 2009

Soft Japanese Cotton Cheesecake


I was browsing someone's food blog when I came across this recipe and decided to give it a try because I remembered that I like this cheesecake and have only eaten this in SG where one Japanese restaurant is well known selling it. People used to queue long queues just to buy this freshly baked from the oven.

This cheesecake is typically different from the 'western' cheesecake. This Japanese version's texture is lighter and softer and has a semi-soft crust on the top that makes the entire eating experience really *shiok* (feel good) and the cake really melts in your mouth. This is best if you just had your tooth extraction/surgery as you do not need to really chew before you swallow. The method of making this version and its ingredients are also somewhat different. It uses cornflour and you have to fold in the stiff egg whites and that is what makes it rise.

I am going make more of this tonight, which will be given away as gifts for my Sydney hosts :)

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...