August 5, 2009

Cheese Souffle

Following our family celebration of the hubby's birthday, I thought we would also celebrate it with our community group whom we meet twice every week - Sundays in church and Tuesdays at our place to study the Bible and pray together.

Instead of baking a cake, I thought I will attempt to bake souffles. Hubby's not a big fan of sweets and desserts so I figured I will make a savoury souffle and after a bit of searching on the internet, I found a basic cheese souffle recipe and decided to try it.

This is only my 2nd attempt at making a souffle but my 1st making a savoury one. The methods are a bit similar but the difference is that for a savoury souffle, you have to make a roux. The souffle turned out not too bad, but the texture could be improved. The taste was really good and everyone agreed. Would I try it again? Maybe... only because I prefer sweet souffles :p

Happy birthday hubs!

Here is a video on masterchef how they make a twice baked souffle. Watch it as Gary gives some tips of making a souffle and the basic techniques of making the roux and sauce mixture for a souffle.




Another souffle recipe that you can try: chubby hubby's zucchini souffle.

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...