March 31, 2009

Patience & Waiting

I grew up thinking that there is only 1 tea in the world - Lipton. My parents only drank Lipton and stock it in our place when I used to be living with them. Only recently, do I better appreciate and prefer Dilmah over Lipton.

I refuse to buy tea at the normal price. I always only get them when they go on sale. Eversince I have finished my first 100-pack Dilmah, I have been waiting and waiting for them to go on sale again (sale price of about $3 versus $4.69 UP). Finally, after a wait of 1-2 months, Dilmah went on sale at Woolies for $2.99 for a box of 100. In fact, I just bought a box of extra strength version at Coles last week because they were on sale. Since I have not opened it, I shall bring back to return :p because I prefer my normal Dilmah black ceylon tea. I didn't want to get it earlier also because I don't want to regret buying it this week and only to find out it goes on sale the next week. I know I sound cheapo... but in better words, I am doing smart shopping :p

Somehow, waiting to buy Dilmah it made me think of my waiting upon the Lord... as I pray for things that I want. It is so easy to want our own way and our own things at our own timing and to disregard God's timing for things that He thinks are good for us and in the best way that He knows will be best for us. Our Father will not give us a stone when we ask for bread. In various sessions of my life, I have been challenged to wait and pray for many things... yet every time, I still am challenged by God that I have to trust Him and wait... when will I ever learn my lesson? Some waits are easier than others. In the difficult times of waiting, I struggle until I question God and wrestle with Him - "When, Oh Lord?", "Please, Oh Lord!".

A SIC reminded me of God's promise in the Bible - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. " I am thankful for that timely reminder... I am also thankful that when things seem hopeless, I always can hope in Jesus.

Dear Lord, please give me patience to wait and faith to trust in Your total sovereign will, Your best for me. Please forgive me for being selfish and me-centred.

2 other thoughts:

hwees said...

Hiya, good to know you can see God in your tea leaves (or bag, rather) heheh... Good things are worth waiting for. Sometimes the wait moulds our hearts to be able to better treasure what will finally come, and to trust and know the loving Provider God a lot more. We wait and pray together okay!

island said...

hey girl, thanks for your encouragement and good reminder. just as i am able to type this message, i walk in and out of my office pantry and then i saw the words "have faith in god". what a timely reminder too. thanks for waiting and praying together with me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...