October 14, 2007

Offensive Gospel

From today's sermon...

The gospel is offensive. We cannot prevent it from being offensive. We can only bring it across to people in a non-offensive and loving way.

In the Old Testament, Isaiah 45: 5-6 says "I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other."

In the New Testament, John 14: 6 says "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

God has spoken. He has told us in His Word how He has come as incarnate Jesus Christ to save us. No one else has claimed that He is Lord God, except for Jesus Christ. What are you waiting for? Which way do you want to live?

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...