July 19, 2007

Its All Getting Closer...

2 more weeks and I will be leaving Singapore... for good? Well at least to settle down in another foreign land down under.

I wonder how life will be like? Just received the letter of my approved visa which allows me to stay there for 9 months. In fact, in 4 months' time I will be able to apply for another visa which will allow me to be there for a much much longer term. Yesterday I also got around to send off more than 50kg worth of personal items which will arrive there in 5-7 weeks' time. Between yesterday and today, I collected my wedding gown and evening dress. My one big suitcase is out in the living room, awaiting to be filled up. My wardrobe is almost emptied out but filled up slowly by my sister's clothing. My desk is getting less and less crowded....

Mixed feelings of wanting to leave at the soonest and yet also want to stay behind, feelings of excitement for a new life and yet sad to leave behind the life and culture that I am used to and comfortable with. 2 weeks.. this time will swing by like lightning, but there's much for me to do...

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...