December 10, 2005

Cruising Through Christmas Lights

Whilst driving through Orchard Road, waiting around caused by the slight jam that I encounter gave me an idea to whip out my camera to take some photos. If I were a passerby and seeing a driver in the car taking photos, I would think the driver is crazy. Oh well, crazy idea as it seems. It was fun moving along the traffic bit by bit (with my manual gear drive!) and trying to take good shots in my belt-strapped position. At the end of it all, I think my left leg was the only one that ‘suffered’ due to all the clutching.

I peer with my rear view mirror

View of traffic jam and Christmas lightings

Another one...

More traffic jams but approaching my destination

There, my destination! But the jam doesn’t end.
I still have to join the queue to enter the carpark

Here are some other photos which I had taken some 2 weeks ago...

Watching passerbys on the walkway

That is as far as my 3x optical zoom camera can bring me. (Evangelistic message??)


Banners along the walkway. That round red lamp-like thing sprouting “Rudoff the Red Nose Reindeer” repeatedly until I got sick of the song!

4 other thoughts:

quop said...

niiice... :) was in SG on orchard rd christmas eve 5 years ago, and recall being impressed by all the lights (and a little overwhelmed by all the people!) unfortunately only had a 35mm point and shoot camera at that time, so couldn't capture the scenes well. don't know if i'll get to see it again this christmas, but if i do my new digicam will be up to the task!

over here the commercial buildings don't get "dressed up" much, but there are ppl who go to a lot of effort on their private homes (sample pics) and i hope to go on a tour of some of the sites shortly :)

The Rust said...

why aren't there any pictures of Toowong or St Lucia?

island said...

Cool! Only big private houses in SG gets decorated. Even so, its not so nice... How's Christmas like over there? ;)

quop said...

rust: i've never seen any nicely decorated places in toowong/st lucia area... but i suppose you'd know better cos that was ur side of town? the pics on the link are submitted by ppl/public, so it's not necessarily representative of what's out there (i noticed there was an unusually high number from runcorn... which is good for me cos it's nice and close!)

island: christmas here is... hot! almost everything is shut on the day (quite unlike in SG, not that we're open as long/often to begin with), and i'd say most ppl tend to spend the day with family either in private homes or possibly out at a park/at the beach etc. for me personally the day is usually church in the morning, hang out with friends in the afternoon (or come home if nothing is happening), and then an extended family gathering/dinner thing at night. pretty relaxed, and nice :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...