September 13, 2005

Love Unites

Am back!! Was overseas to be a bridesmaid at my close friend's wedding.

Thank God that it was a pretty restful trip. Met many people at the wedding, such that I realised I actually know many of my friend's (the bride) relatives and friends!

Had chance to do back massage, hair spa, manicure and pedicure... sounds good isn't it? I don't normally go for such luxury but it was truly a relaxing and well-deserving treat, since I had been so busy and tired out. Surely the price we pay there is much cheaper then what we will get in Singapore.

Thank God for reminding me that He is in total control of all things. I saw my friend through her relationship with her ex-boyfriend (now her husband), from the time they knew each other and knowing all their ups and downs. There were times that I was happy for her and I rejoice with her and also times when I 'scolded' her for unnecessary behaviour in the relationship. I'm glad to see her grow through it all and how God brings 2 persons together when the odds seemed overwhelming previously. It was also amazing in the way how God has provided for them in this wedding - the finances, the gifts, the people. The blessings outweighs the glitches that occurred at the event.

The wedding venue was beautiful! It was held at an outdoor cafe completed with marque and airconditioning. The backdrop was a waterfall (man-made of course!) and there was greenery all around. With the flower decor, the entire place was really ideal to hold a wedding! But of course at the end of the day, what matters is not the wedding, but the marriage. A wedding is to celebrate the union of 2 persons, bounded by a marriage covenant. It is only the beginning. The couple has a whole lifetime together, to help each other grow in godliness. Everything can go right, romantic and perfect on the wedding day, but if the marriage is not centred on Christ and the couple gets self-centred and do not love by being other-person-centred, everything can go wrong. It is easy for me to say but difficult to do, given our human sinful nature. This is when we need Christ and to be centred on Him and His word.

Enough said. Pray that I will have the grace to have a Christ-centred marriage when God decides to exchange my gift of singleness with marriage. Congrats again, my dear friend... May he (your husband) be able to project godly love for you. And you my dear, be able to submit to him out of reverence for Christ.

1 other thoughts:

Ms Carpe Diem said...

This must be the season of weddings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...