June 25, 2010

Feeling the Difference

It is day 4 since hubby and I came back from our 3.5-week break to S.E. Asia. From the moment I step out of the Brisbane domestic terminal (we flew Jetstar and transited at Darwin), the cool-cold air in the environment and breathing it, reminds me of the similar smells and environment that I encountered during all those times when I visited Australia for vacation - from the hot and humid Singapore to the cool weather of winter in Australia. Breathing in (accidentally) the combination of car fumes and cool air also reminded me of that!

I cannot fully explain that feeling... but as I was thinking why I felt so (this being my 4th trip to Singapore ever since I moved to Australia), I realised that it was summer in Australia when we made the first 3 trips. Hence the weather between the 2 countries did not differ too much. I think another reason was the duration of my time away - we went away for close to 4 weeks when the previous trips range from 10 to 16 days.

So much for this discovery...

Now that I am back, my thoughts are still very much with my friends and family in Singapore and all the things that have happened in their lives. But at the same time, I have to get accustomed back to my routine and also enjoying the cool weather here. God also provided me with family and friends in Australia that I care for (or should care for). Hence I should be thankful and not be 'stressed', thinking how to manage keeping up with all (most of) my friends in both countries and praying for them actively at the same time.

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...