October 1, 2009

Strawberry Jam

It took me quite a while to locate where I could purchase the jam setting sugar... Couldn't find it at Coles and Woolies. But I actually found it easily at Pick n Pay Hypermart (which is part of the Coles group). I was so delighted when I found it!

Was happy to buy fresh strawberries for A$1.42 a 250g punnet on Monday. I bought 2 punnets and went on to make my jam. It was so easy using this recipe (also found on the back of the setting sugar packaging). I made half the quantity of what was in the recipe. I came up with 3 (~200g) jars of jam! :)


Mashing up the strawberries using a potato masher

I have not tasted the jam yet but it looked really good in the jars! :) I am giving these jars away... and shall attempt to make some cherry jam (from frozen cherries) this Friday :)
You can make your own labels here!



0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...