September 29, 2009

Homemade Lemonade


Looked back on the many recipes that I have collected and found this summer collection which I got it free from Coles a year ago. I remembered that I have a few lemons (from my in-law's garden) and some frozen lemon juice... I thought I will try this simple lemonade recipe. I love lemonade!

Ingredients
juice of 4 lemons
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
1L sparkling mineral water (I wonder if soda water is just as good?)

In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in water over high heat. Simmer for 8-10 mins until the mixture has reduced and is sticky*. Allow to cool.

Add the sugar mixture into the jug which has been filled with sparkling mineral water and lemon juice. Chill and serve!

*I did not manage to reach that consistency but it has definitely reduced.


We and our guests loved this homemade version which is not as sweet as commercial ones but definitely fresher :)

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...