August 4, 2009

How Beautiful......

Last weekend, hubby and I attended the wedding of our friends at the same church that we were married in, some 21 months ago. It brought back some memories for us and most of our friends also remembered that ours was the last wedding that we held there.

A few months before I got married, I heard this song sang as a special item at H&C's wedding. I have heard of the tune before but did not think much about it. But at that moment, I was able to reflect and appreciate the lyrics of the song. The lyrics were so true, so beautiful, so truthful, praising God and talks about what Jesus done for us and our final marriage in heaven.

I wondered how nice it will be to have this song sang live at our wedding as I walk down the aisle to be married. I thought the lyrics and the music just fitted perfectly. I had in my mind, asking J to sing it at our SG wedding and hubby had in mind for K to sing the song at our AU wedding. When I walked down the aisle then, I remembered that I almost cried as emotions overwhelmed me and as I listened to the song and see the lyrics up on the screen... I held back my tears, so that my make-up will not be ruined :p

Last weekend, the couple got K to sing the song again but as a special presentation song as the couple signs the register. This time again, I get to hear the entire song sung by the same person and thinking about the lyrics, water began to swell up in my eyes. But again, I held them back. How beautiful is Christ's body sacrified for us...

How beautiful the hands that served
the wine and the bread and the sons of the earth.
How beautiful the feet that walked
the long dusty roads and the hills to the cross.
How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ.

How beautiful the heart that bled
that took all my sin and bore it instead.
How beautiful the tender eyes
that chose to forgive and never despise.
How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ.

And as He laid down His life
we offer this sacrifice that we will live just as He died:
willing to pay the price, willing to pay the price.

How beautiful the radiant Bride who waits for her Groom
with His light in her eyes.
How beautiful when humble hearts give the fruit of pure lives
so that others may live.
How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ.

How beautiful the feet that bring
the sound of good news and the love of the King.

How beautiful the hands that serve the wine and the bread
and the sons of the earth.
How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ.

E also blogged about her reflections on this song and there is a youtube video where you can hear the entire song. I am secretly hoping that I can sing this beautiful song someday... at someone's wedding to minister to the couple and their guests.

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...