October 3, 2005

Pill Popping

For as far as I can remember, I have been a rather healthy girl. I seldom have to take MC during my school days. My 2 most ill times were a 100-day cough when I was about 7 years old and having chicken pox at the age of 16 years old.

However ever since I began working in a hospital 4 years ago, I became more susceptible to to common colds and flus (or is this a aging process??). There began my pill popping habit. I started by popping Vitamin C everyday. I only take them in the office because once I see it in front of me, I will remember to take them. Now, I realise I'm taking an array of vitamins!!

Vitamin C - Antioxidant. 1000mg daily. Helps in immune system, assists in healing process, maintains healthy skin, bones, gums and capiliaries.
Vitamin E - Antioxidant. 400iu daily. Helps to maintain good skin and immune system.
Echinacea Purpurea - Herbal supplement. For building immunity too.
Vegetable Supplement - Daily dose contains 15 types of vegetables. Only taken when I think I don't take enough vegetables for the day. (I'm a cannivore)
Procosa II - Glucosamine Sulphate. 1000mg daily. For my knee problem. Helps in repair and maintenance of body joints.

I think as I grow older, I'll probably need to take more for health maintenance. Although I fully understand that growing old and dying is part of the human processes, I think I should still be responsible to keep my body healthy so that I can be less sick and be able to do things. Well the above does work for me. I get sick less often and my knee's getting better. But of course exercise and balance diet is important.

Talking about health, I was telling my mum how some people I know have difficult pregnancies and unhealthy babies. My mum believes that a woman should 'build her foundation' well before she gets pregnant and be nournished during the pregnancy for a healthy baby. I don't totally buy her idea. Nournish or not, things can still happen. All's in God's hands isn't it? At least I thank God that my mum's 'foundation' was good before she conceived me. She was well-nournished during her pregnancy (she claims that her drinking of soy bean and almond drink was the reason behind my fair skin and good complexion!!). My mum also gave me lots of tonic when I was young. I think some of these would help, but the main thing is not to be too engrossed with them ;)

0 other thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...